Kidzfest Crew Members are the powerhouse of the festival!
Kidzfest Crew Members work together to create a fun and exciting experience for thousands of guests. It’s no wonder Kidzfest Crew Members are very highly valued volunteers!
Each of the following roles includes specialized training and is well supported by Captains and the Kidzfest Volunteer Program Leader.
Activity Leader Crew
Activity Leaders support and work alongside Activity Captains to deliver the fun, exciting, artsy activities Ha Ha Ha Kidzfest is loved for. Activity Leaders are always ready with a smile to welcome guests and their families, inviting them into the activity.
- Assist with activity set up/clean up
- Assist and support Activity Captains as needed
- Encourage and guide guests through activities
- Report volunteer feedback to Activity Captain
- Keep area clean and organized
- Guide guests through different aspects of the activity
- Alert Activity Captain of potential problems
This role is well supported by the Activity Captain and includes special training.
Workshop Production Crew
As part of the Workshop Production Crew you will support the Workshop Captains to greet and usher groups of curious children and their families to the workshop areas. You will also magically transform the area In between workshops by quickly and quietly setting up for the next group.
- Manage a line up of guests and usher them to the right place
- Follows the guidance of the Workshop Captain
- Support and guide guests in any activities
- Communicate any concerns to Workshop Captain
This role is well supported by the Workshop Captain and includes special training.
Pop Up Play Crew
Do you love to play with kids of all ages? As a Pop Up Play Crew Member you will move around the festival site engaging children in play with a variety of exciting games and simple activations.
- Set up/Clean up a variety of simple activities
- Move around the festival site inviting guests to play with you
- Keep track of schedule
- Complete activity feedback form at end of shift
- Communicate concerns or questions to the Voli Prog Leader
This role is well supported by the Volunteer Program Leader and includes special training!
Tiny Town Crew
The Tiny Town Crew Members support the Tiny Town Captain in set up/clean up of activities. As a Tiny Town Crew Member you will greet and interact with our younger guests (age 3-5) and their families.
- Set up a safe and orderly area
- Greet and engage with 5 and under guests and their families
- Encourage and guide guests through the stations/activities
- Communicate any needs or concerns to Tiny Town Captain or Volunteer Program Leader
This role is well supported by the Tiny Town Captain and includes special training.
Box Office Crew
Are you looking for an opportunity to boost your leadership skills? If you are organized, assertive, calm and friendly, the Box Office is for you!
Box office Crew Members follow the guidance of the Box Office Captain to provide and maintain a professional and welcoming service for all guests while sell festival passes, attaching wristbands to people and providing Kidzfest program information. Good people skills are essential!
- Offer a friendly welcome to all guests
- Sell tickets via cash and our electronic debit and credit card system (training provided)
- Handing out wristbands and answering questions
- Communicate any needs or concerns to the Box Office Captain
This position is well supported by the Box Office Captain and offers special training!
If you want to experience more than one role then Flexerz Crew is your best bet!
Flezerz is Kidzfest’s most valued crew!
With the support of the Volunteer Hub Captain and the Volunteer Prog Leader, Flexerz are ready to fill in any gaps that may arise as they jump in where needed. This is a great opportunity to gain lots of festival experience and assist with a bit of everything!
Responsibilities might include:
- Walking around the festival site and keep it clean and safe
- Guide drivers in the parking area
- Greet school busses full of children and usher them to the festival
- Provide security by monitoring the emergency exit gates
- Taking over for volunteers to enjoy a break or if someone can’t make it.
- Delivering snacks and treats to fellow volunteers
- Guide guests through activities
- Lend a hand behind the scenes
- Offer hospitality to our VIP guests
- Communicate any needs and concerns to Volunteer Program Leader
This role is well supported by the Volunteer Program Leader and includes special training.
Special Events Crew
Are you a natural born organizer? Do you love special events? Assist Kidzfest Board of Directors to create special events.
- Chat with our Volunteer Program Leader for more information on this unique opportunity.